How to Remove ThinkPoint Completely
1) Firstly you need to go to Start, and then to your Control Panel.
2) Once there, find, select and click the Add/ remove Programs button.
3) Once you've did that you'll now see a huge list with all kind of programs that are installed on your computer. Scroll down the list until you've stumbled on ThinkPoint Messenger and select it.
4) Once selected you only have to hit the remove button and the removal process begins.
What is ThinkPoint?
Spyware applications are one of those applications that are basically built to infiltrate the system or network security and get the access to the confidential user data. These days we are getting more and more number of these kinds of malicious applications that are not only capable to break the security of your system but also capable to spread infections to your system. One of the rogue applications that stand in this category is named ThinkPoint Antivirus.
ThinkPoint is spyware application. It spreads itself through Trojans, Malware that pretend to be a video codec and fake online anti-Malware scanners that are provided on un-trusted sites. This application belongs to Wini family of fake security applications. When it gets installed on your system, it makes hundreds of fake and harmless Malware files. Then After its installation it automatically starts with the windows startup.
As it starts scanning, it will list all those Malware files that it had earlier created and stored on your computer. When you try to remove these problems, it will say that you need to update ThinkPoint Antivirus to remove all those errors. It's the strategy of this program that it follows to get the trust of user and steal money. If a user goes for the update, he or she is just paying for a fake update and it is a scam that has stolen thousands of dollars from people who had upgraded it.
How to remove ThinkPoint?
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap "F8" key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Networking" option as shown in the image below, and then press ENTER.
2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.
4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download an automatic removal tool and run a full system scan.
A highly recommended tool to remove ThinkPoint is RegistryQuick which is available for free at http://www.fixyourpcsite.info Before you try other programs, give RegistryQuick a try! You will be surprised!
You can easily get rid of ThinkPoint by clicking http://www.fixyourpcsite.info